Top 10 Canadian Painters to follow on Instagram
Canada is home to a vibrant and diverse arts scene, and social media platforms like Instagram have given top Canadian painters a platform to showcase their work to a global audience. Instagram has become a powerhouse platform for discovering new artists from all over the world. It provides a unique space where artists can showcase their work and connect with a global audience of art lovers, collectors, and enthusiasts.
Instagram’s visual nature is perfect for showcasing artwork. Artists can share images of their work, behind-the-scenes shots of their creative process, and even videos of their work in progress. This provides viewers with an immersive experience that allows them to appreciate the artwork in a way that wouldn’t be possible through other mediums. The social nature of this visual platform allows for direct connections between artists and their audiences. This allows artists to build a community of fans and supporters, and it also allows audiences to engage with artists and their work on a personal level. This creates a sense of intimacy and connection that can be hard to achieve through other platforms.
Here are 10 of the top Canadian painters to follow on Instagram;
- Kent Monkman – This Toronto-based artist explores themes of Indigenous identity, sexuality, and colonialism in his bold and provocative paintings.
- Tim Okamura – This New York-based artist explores themes of race, identity, and representation in his powerful and expressive portraits.
- Kim Dorland – A Toronto-based artist known for his textured and expressive paintings of Canadian landscapes and urban scenes.
- David McLeod – A digital artist and painter whose bold and vibrant works explore the intersection of technology and nature.
- Brandy Saturley – Based in Victoria, BC, Saturley’s pop art style paintings capture the beauty and diversity of Canada’s landscapes and people.
- Peter Doig – A Scottish-born painter who has spent much of his career in Canada, Doig’s dreamlike and atmospheric paintings capture the beauty and mystery of Canadian landscapes.
- Jeremy Herndl – Victoria BC based Canadian painter focusing on the human relationship to place.
- Jen Mann – Toronto, On based painter whos work mainly focuses on the idea of self in a post-internet world.
- Andrew Valko – Winnipeg, MB based hyperrealist painter, drive-in movie scenes and conceptual nudes
- Christie Belcourt – Following the tradition of Métis floral beadwork, Belcourt paints in dots and uses the subject matter as metaphors for human existence to relay a variety of meanings which include concerns for the environment, biodiversity, spirituality and awareness of Métis culture.
These are just a few of the many talented Canadian painters on Instagram. Whether you’re looking for landscapes, portraits, or abstract works, there’s sure to be an artist on this list who will inspire and delight you. So why not give them a follow and see what they’re up to?
READ MORE: Top 20 Canadian Artists on Instagram