A Toast to Palm Springs
This is ‘A Toast to Palm Springs’.
Commissioned Painting for a client in Palm Springs. The second commissioned artwork for this client, they now enjoy custom works of art in their homes in Victoria BC Canada and Palm Springs, California, USA. Thrilled with their custom creation, this client requested a running theme of the 'martini glass toast' when commissioning Brandy Saturley to paint both their triptych and diptych for their Canadian and US residences.
A challenging commission, the client had some very specific requests that leaned towards surrealism/fantasy. Saturley worked from her own sketches based on email and telephone communications with the client.
- Martini glass shadow in the mountains, with tramway cars made of stuffed blue cheese olives
- Throwback tramway station with original Phillips 66 sign on the pulpit
- 57 Chevy with spinner wheels
- Melvyn’s restaurant and sign, with the clients own pool painted in beside the restaurant
- The 17th hole at Tahquitz golf course
- Coachella valley and mountains, saguaro cactus
- 50 stars in the sky representing the American flag
- Sky from dawn to dusk with lemon sun and orange moon. (California citrus fruits)
Finished size: 96 inches x 36 inches high, two canvasses
A wonderful narrative piece inspired by iconic locations, dear to the clients heart, in greater Palm Springs.